Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Atheist Rap

I like science, so I'm starting an alliance
between critical thought, and open defiance
and if they try any violence there'll be a moment of silence
as they find theirselves shoved in an electric appliance

Silence! you damned pious frauds
peddling theatrical "praise the lord"s
and all the churchgoers just sit there bored
as exposures of deceit are ever ignored, for the

(chorus)
Three pillars: ignorance hate and fear
perpetrated by the priest the prophet and the seer
and all the fundie thugs who just sit there and jeer
we've got some enemies of reason, all up in here

Take apologists, they claim inerrance textual
confronted by the bible they'll say it ain't contextual
but you know as well as I that the spin is ineffectual
'cause all they'll ever be is a pseudo-intellectual

the sexual morality will drive you insane
it'll mess with your dick and it'll mess with your brain
'cause puritanism causes nothing but pain
religion or cult, it's all just the same

(chorus)

a lot of religious people claim to have the truth
but if you wanna have the truth than you gotta have proof
fundies say fuck that, I'll blow up your roof
but before I do that, I'll brainwash the youth

so a lot of kids grow up to be crazy
not to mention violent, stupid and lazy
and their grip on reality becomes hazy
I brought this up at a convention and the motherfuckers tased me

(break)

(chorus)




(Thanks to Grey_Fox from Australia. Check him here. )

No comments: